Thursday, March 15, 2007

Lost in America :)



Well, it feels like a strange dream that I'm here, in Michigan, Ann Arbor !
The trip took one day & two long nights & for a person like me who needs 8 hours of sleep it was a disaster :)
I didn't see much of the city as I spend my days at the hospital.
I'm here for a training program that was arranged between the Iraqi Committee for Medical Specializations & the American College of Radiology to train Iraqi doctors.The program lasts 3 weeks & it's really a short period if one wants to learn but this what we've got.


These photos are of my daily way home. I walk for about 7 minutes. But in the past two days the snow melted & I noticed some small white flowers had grown below this snow ! believe it ? I didn't believe my eyes when I saw them & went to touch them.


The snow is nice when you look at it while in the car but very ugly when you have to walk outdoors. It's chilling here in Michigan as they have a long cold winter.
March is spring everywhere but here it's still winter till April !
I visited many Iraqi families & some of them are my father's friends that migrated to the USA since the 80s & 90s & I never thought that it will be possible ti see them again.
The hospital is very large & I spent the first week lost in the long branching hallways & many workers were asking me: can I help you ?
I got many maps like this one :))

Now I know my way very well :)

8 Comments:

At March 22, 2007 6:47 pm, Blogger Muhammad Aladdin said...

انا مبسوط بجد لما الاقي روحك طايرة كده.. يا رب دايما يا تارا.. يا رب
:)

 
At March 23, 2007 10:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My God ! I missed so much
اول شي الف مبروك و لو انها متأخره "كلش, كلش"

ثاني شي اشوف امريكا منوره! حياك الله

و مشتاقين لسوالفك الحلوه

الف مبروك مره ثانية

 
At March 23, 2007 2:19 pm, Blogger Tara said...

Alla'
You always got a perfect sensation about other's true situation & feelings.I wish I have this talent.
You are rigth I'm in a good mood these days :)

NYC
I don't believe it !
I kept checking your blog evey now & then.I missed you so much.
Thanks for the greetings 7abebty.
& Nawarty this bolg :*

 
At March 23, 2007 4:20 pm, Blogger Khalid said...

6ijeeeej khali 6ijeeej :D

 
At March 23, 2007 8:48 pm, Blogger Eve said...

wa ma a7lahou min daya3 ya tara!
... eb2i salmilna 3al habeyeb elli bi majeihel amerka :)

 
At March 24, 2007 12:59 am, Blogger Tara said...

khalid,
My brother used to say it as 6ogoog 7'ali 6ogoog :))


Evo,
I went to a Lobnani restaurant & the chicken there was the most delicious I ever ate.
the songs were the old ones of Najwa Karam. So, I kind of saw Lebanon :) but I'll try to see it actually.

 
At March 25, 2007 8:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

***
for you

 
At March 25, 2007 5:39 pm, Blogger Dust said...

الحمد لله ع السلامة
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Free Web Site Counters